Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Power Based Life Book Review

I was recently given the opportunity to review a book called The Power Based Life written by Mike Flynt. Mike Flynt was a football player that the movie Friday Night Lights was based on. This book, however is not about his football career. This book is about realizing what you are born to do. The author uses his personal accounts of how he got through his challenges by giving accounts from his personal life. I love the quote used in this book - "The two greatest days in our lives are the day we're born and the day we realize what we are born for." It is about discovering what you truly love and getting out of a job that causes you nothing but frustration.

Mike Flynt offers twelve strategies on how to tap into your personal strengths. These twelve life strategies teach you to strengthen your body, mind, and spirit as you become the person God created—and then find the work that you were designed to do. He helps give you the confidence to go after your goals and your dreams. I think that the strategy that I found most interesting is for the body: Sow in Health, Reap a Longer Life. This section of the book was intriguing to me because of my medical background. I realized how much truth really came from this...that if you take care of your body you can have a longer life. Our nation is becoming less and less active everyday. It gave me the encouragement to get out and play with my children more.

This book is about defying the skeptics and reaching your goals. I thought about my dreams and the decisions I have made in life and how I could start working towards my passions in life. I would rate this book 5 stars and recommend it to everyone who is not passionate about their life, that is just content and going with the motions of life.

This book was provided to me from Thomas Nelson Publisher as part of their Booksneeze blogger program. All opinions are my own and have not been influenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails